Once a subscriber has successfully signed in to a TVE product with their MVPD credentials, the customer can gain access to other TVE products through passive authentication/authorization if the customer has those networks as part of their linear subscription (and provided there is a mutual agreement in place between the network and the MVPD).
Single Sign On (SSO) does not require the subscriber to sign in again on each additional TVE product. The authorization takes place behind the scenes.
• MVPD and content provider agree to enable Single Sign On across mutually agreed networks
• If the subscriber has been automatically granted access via instant access, single sign on may not be active, dependent upon agreements between MVPD and content provider. When such agreements are in place, sign in via HBA takes precedence over SSO
• SSO is supported by the network’s authentication vendor, although mutual agreement is required
Procedural recommendations for the UX across network families
• After the subscriber has been granted access to TV Everywhere content, there is a confirmation message that welcomes the subscriber and explains that subscriber can move across other available networks once verified to view content. This message also provides link to show what additional networks the subscriber is automatically signed into.
E.g., Subscriber signs in via the TNT website and is allowed to transition to other Turner networks without re-verification of credentials.
• Subscriber signs in via a non-premium website and is allowed to move between other non-premium networks for supported platforms.
E.g., Subscriber signs in via the Fox Networks’ web site and can move to other available non-premium networks, such as NBCU or TNT, without signing in again
• Any network that has rated content above TV PG and requires support from parental controls will not be included until the MVPD has Parental Controls or can support a customer’s ability to turn off SSO. Until that time, access to each TVE product requires additional credential verification by interactive sign-in.
Communication Recommendations (examples)
Single Sign On – General explanation
• Example: After you sign in one time, you can be automatically signed in on other sites that have a partnership with your TV Service Provider. The TV Everywhere service - and the option for this "single sign on” - is provided at no additional cost to you by <MVPD> as a benefit of your TV subscription.
Single Sign On – Move across a family of networks to consumer TVE content
On the co-branded sign in screen, programmer includes a sentence informing the subscriber that once granted access, he/she is free to move across other networks of the same FAMILY if they are part of the subscriber’s linear video subscription.
• Example: Once you are signed in to view Fox Networks, you are also able to view other designated Fox networks. Click here to see what other Fox networks may be available to you based on your subscription. <link to listing of Fox properties available via TVE>.
In the FAQ for both programmers and MVPDs, include an explanation informing the subscriber that once granted access to view TVE, he/she is free to move across other networks in the FAMILY.
• Example: Once you are signed in to view Turner Classic Movies, you are also able to view other Turner Network channels that are part of your linear video subscription. Click here to see what other Turner networks may be available to you based on your subscription. <link to listing of Turner properties available via TVE>.
Single Sign On – Move across non-premium networks not of the same family
In the FAQ for both programmers and MVPDs, include an explanation informing the subscriber that once granted access to view TVE, he/she is free to move across other network programming if those networks are part of his/her linear video subscription.
• Example: Once you are signed in to view a Turner Network program, you are also able to view other Networks as well. Please use your MVPD parental control settings to manage this access for other members of your household, if necessary. Click here to see what other networks may be available to you based on your subscription. <link to listing of programming properties available via TVE>.
Additional FAQ content (To be completed by each MSO)
• How to opt out or disable SSO on this account
• How to opt out or disable SSO on this device